There are consumers and industry professionals out there who believe microgrids could be an interesting solution for the future. However, they’ve already become an increasingly popular fix for an overloaded and aging electrical grid. The source of the misperception could be found in the fact that a company behind 85% of the installed microgrid sites in the United States has deliberately stayed under the radar. Until now.Read More
Data Center Power Distribution Solutions
Digitally native environments depend on data resiliency. From off-site cloud computing services to on-prem operations, businesses need access to their data anytime, anywhere. Data centers form the core of this approach, making it possible for companies to store, analyze, share and transport data 24 hours a day, every day of the year.
The challenge? If these data centers go down, operations could come to a standstill. As a result, businesses need backup power solutions for data centers that are robust, reliable and energy efficient.
Consider that typical data centers consume between 10 and 50 times the energy per floor when compared to a typical office building. Without effective data center power monitoring and distribution, even minor disruptions could create major problems for businesses, as data is rendered inaccessible.
More Than Just Keeping the Lights On
In a cloud-first, always-connected world, keeping the lights on and keeping data centers up and running isn’t enough — businesses need data center demand response solutions that make it possible to monitor power usage in real time and adapt on-demand. PowerSecure can help with services including:
- Off-grid emergency access: Use our off-grid options or connect your own microgrid to manage power in the event of natural disasters or emergencies.
- Custom power solutions: Improve data center energy conservation with custom solutions that help your company reduce emissions and move toward net-zero. PowerSecure experts are here to help from the initial concept stage to design, development and deployment.
- Multiple backup options: Integrate natural gas, solar or clean diesel backup power for data centers to reduce the risk of outages.
- End-to-end monitoring: Monitor power usage across your data center network to pinpoint potential problems and make necessary adjustments.
- Extended infrastructure support: Expand control of data center power monitoring with support for extended infrastructure, including HVAC and cooling rooms.
Put simply? PowerSecure recognizes that resilience is key for businesses that rely on data centers. Our systems are designed and manufactured with the latest technologies that provide clean, efficient standby power for uninterrupted service. Our solutions also deliver cost-effective redundancy compared to traditional backup power systems while producing 10-16x less emissions per kW*.
Third-party audits of our database — comprising 50,000+ datapoints from over 1,600 systems deployed across the U.S. — confirm that PowerSecure is responsible for the highest documented power reliability in the industry.
*EPA Tier 2 vs Tier 4 PM and NOx regulations
WHAT OUR CUSTOMERS ARE SAYING
“I take pride in building the best project on time and on budget that is possible with resources provided. Our partnership with PowerSecure helps us meet these objectives every time.”
“We rely on PowerSecure to do what they say they’re going to do, and we manage to that expectation. They’re a mission-critical company that understands data centers.”
– Howard Yates, EdgeCore senior project manager of design and construction
There are multiple approaches to funding microgrids. Eric Dupont, executive vice president and chief commercial officer at PowerSecure, discusses why CAPEX versus OPEX become important considerations in this interview with Yasmin Ali, Microgrid Knowledge contributor.Read More
Isaias’ punch to the East Coast in many ways resembled that of Superstorm Sandy, the storm that eight years ago launched a drive for microgrids to ward off power outages.Read More