PowerControl Monitoring Services
PowerControl is a unique service that makes your PowerSecure standby power system worry and hassle-free. Our proprietary, cutting-edge technologies send critical system information to the PowerControl Command Center, manned 24/7 by trained analysts ready to respond immediately – and in many cases proactively – to utility outages, generator alarms, emergency events and severe weather threats.
At PowerSecure, we currently monitor more than 1800 units generating 1.2 GW at1600 sites, and since we began tracking in 2007, we have successfully monitored more than 22,000 hours of outage events. Hospitals, data centers, utility substations, universities, and retail and manufacturing facilities across 35 states rely on PowerControl to keep their standby power systems fueled and ready to provide reliable, uninterrupted electrical service.
PowerSecure monitoring has been, and continues to be, an outstanding resource for all information on our generators. I can say quite literally that I sleep better at night having this program in place.
– Chris Staples, Facilities and Maintenance,
Whole Foods Market, Southwest
State-of-the-art technologies + live analysts = 24/7 system protection
PowerControl technology consists of a device integrated into your PowerBlock system and software that logs, transmits and receives data across a cell network utilizing an encrypted network tunnel. Multiple services receive and decode the data, which then load into a PowerControl-hosted database system. Using “Big Data” methodologies, we store all of the data points from the different system components for subsequent analysis and trending. Additional services distribute notification and display data via an HTML5 web-based, data-driven platform to the analysts within the PowerControl Command Center.
[PowerControl’s] 24/7 service has been exceptional. … On every occasion special needs have been required, someone is always available. … It would be difficult to estimate how many man hours are saved by being able to count on the PowerSecure monitoring bureau to watch over our equipment.
– Richard Kunze, Director, Public Works,
Citizen Potawatomi Nation
An all-inclusive solution for PowerSecure Standby Power Products
Fuel tracking, system diagnostics, remote system control, historical trending and proactive response to storm warnings mean PowerControl gives you an outstanding ROI and helps you get the most out of your standby power system. Experienced technicians keep a watchful eye, 24/7, on the data received through our proprietary hardware and software. With full, built-in redundancy, our systems and people:
- Perform regularly scheduled remote testing of your system, provide the test results and dispatch a service team if required
- Schedule fuel fills when levels fall to between 50% and 75%
- Send a monthly summary report of your generator operations, including standby, load management (if applicable), service issues, fuel consumption and any reported alarms
- Provide an online portal for access to load profiles, alarm history, variable trending, test results and more
- Prepare custom reports upon request
Respond to outages and emergencies
- Report outages to your local utility, ensure proper operation of your generators and notify you when utility power is restored
- Monitor weather forecasts for potential severe storm events
- Proactively test generators and, as required, dispatch fuel
My nine-year relationship with PowerSecure monitoring has been nothing but positive. Assistance is always immediate and our needs are identified and resolved quickly. … I look forward to many more years of working with this group of folks!
– Mitzi Cline, Utility Analyst, Energy Management, Food Lion, LLC
Ask your PowerSecure representative about the additional services available with PowerControl, including maintenance, load management and peak shaving programs.
Questions? Contact us here.